Are there requirements for donation platforms like the Future Fund?
Yes, the Dutch charity certification organization (CBF) has a page that describes what requirements are for donation platforms. The Future Fund is in agreement with the CBF’s advice:
- The Good Future Foundation, the organization behind the Future Fund, is a registered non-profit organization.
- We publish an annual report and our full financials yearly
- An independent financial committee audits our financials
- If the Future Fund ever ceases operations, all invested amounts are transferred to the charities for which they were invested.
Does the Future Fund have a charity certification itself, since it is a non-profit?
The Dutch certification organization for charities, the CBF, is investigating if a new category for non-profit donation platforms can be created, so that organization like the Future Fund can apply for a charity certification. We are following these developments closely, and as soon as this new category exists, we will apply.
How will you report on my donations?
When giving through the Future Fund, you get a personal login to monitor your investment and your donations. You also get a report each year via email that shows your investment(s) and your donations.
How will the Future Fund report on its progress overall?
Every year, we will publish an annual report and our full financials. In the future, we will also publish an ‘overview’ page, where everyone can get real-time updates about how much support has been given to charity through the Future Fund to date.
How does the Future Fund make sure it works only with bonafide partners?
We do this in two ways:
- We only allow charities that are registered as a charity with a charity certification organization or with their own government on our platform. This way, we make sure that the charities we support are all bonafide organizations.
- When there are large donations (larger than 500 euros), we contact the donor, either by phone or via email, to confirm their identity and ask for a proof of identification. We do this to make sure the donor is also a bonafide party.